Comprehensive Financial Planning
Financial preparedness involves having a plan of action for many of life’s curveballs. Some events can be anticipated, like sending your child to college; but others, like job loss, may catch you by surprise. Since we all know that life happens, what are you going to do to prepare for it?
Our comprehensive financial planning takes into consideration the many aspects of your life including:
- Cash Flow Management
- Education Funding
- Retirement Planning
- Risk Management
- Legacy Planning
Whether you do not understand how to appropriately invest and manage your assets or have no desire to do it even if you did understand, we are here to help. As your wealth manager, we consider your risk tolerance, time horizon, and specific goals in determining what mix of investments is right for you. We believe in implementing sound investment strategies in order to design a portfolio that is poised to endure favorable and unfavorable markets.
We are a fee-based advisor, and we do not charge commissions for our financial planning or investment advisory services. We believe this is an advantage to you for several reasons:
- Objectivity and Independence: You pay us a flat rate based on the advice and service we provide, not the investments that we sell you. Therefore, we have no financial incentive to recommend one investment over another.
- Cost: Most investors change mutual funds every couple of years and the up-front commission can be up to 5.75%. If you are changing investments every few years, then every few years you may pay another commission on the same money. Our fee-based advisory accounts enable you to own several different investments and simply pay a flat fee based on the amount of assets the financial advisor manages.
- Service: With investment advisory services, financial advisors are required to conduct annual reviews with you to ensure that he or she continues to provide the ongoing services for which you paid. Commission-based professionals, however, are not held to this same requirement.
Our employee education program is a workshop series that is designed to address the financial concerns of your workforce. As a business, your retirement plan is one of the most significant benefits that you offer your employees. Unfortunately, many of those same employees either do not participate in the plan or participate but do not know what investments they own or why they own them. Our workshops are created to help your employees understand the financial fundamentals, so that they can make wise, informed decisions.
The workshop series strives to provide relevant and useful financial information in an interactive setting and encourages participants to take action. More importantly, we know that low participation in the retirement plan is often an indication that your workforce is facing challenges in other aspects of their financial life. For this reason, we address a broad range of topics that can include:
- Budgeting & Cash Management: Many people do not participate in the retirement plan at work because they feel like they cannot afford it. Within this workshop, we teach them effective strategies to help them regain control of their finances.
- Investing Fundamentals and Asset Allocation: Explains the differences between various types of investments and when they are appropriate. It also helps people understand asset allocation and how it can help them achieve their goals.
- Suddenly Single: Addresses the needs of those who are widowed or divorced and must now manage their family’s finances.
- Retirement Series: We recognize that the retirement needs of a recent college graduate are different from those of the employee within five years of retirement. In an effort to address this discrepancy in needs, we host three distinct workshops that are segmented based on the different life stages of your workforce.